27 June 2012

It's In His Kiss

There is a lot to be said with this particular line of a song.  It certainly rang true for me a few years ago.

The chemistry had been there for years, and we both knew it, he was 10 years older than me, but age is nothing especially when the feelings are mutual.  He is sweet, kind, extremely good looking and whenever we would see each other we would just look into each other's eyes and everything else around us would become blurry.

He kept saying, "if you really believe it, it will happen", "be careful for what you wish for" and "follow your heart".  The same applied to him.  For some reason there was always a wall between us, neither of us knew why.  I gave him a lift one night to a different pub to where he normally went, but instead of getting out off the car straight away like his friends, he leaned over and put his hand on my face and gently pulled me towards him and kissed me.  It was so soft, it was just like something you only ever see in a film.  He stopped, looked into my eyes and kissed me again.  He got out of the car and I hadn't even noticed that it had started to rain again.  All I could smell was his aftershave, I started to smile, he went his way and I had to sit there for a while soaking up the feelings that were floating around me.  I eventually managed to drive home.  Until our next encounter, if it ever happened, I could only hope and keep on wishing and believing that it would once again happen to me and I would again get that floating feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment